Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Websites.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Websites. This helps us to improve the way they work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. We use these to remember who you are and keep track of your preferences, e.g. the cities for which you want to be shown Partner offerings. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you landed on one of our own, and the website you visit after you leave our own, if this information is supplied to us by your browser.
- Targeting and Remarketing Cookies from Third-party Advertising Networks. Mango For Salon has relationships with third party advertising companies to place advertisements on our behalf onto other websites, and to perform tracking and reporting functions for our platform and our advertisements. These third parties may place cookies on your device which automatically collect information about your visit to one of our Websites, your IP address, your ISP and the browser you use. Information collected may be used, among other things, to deliver advertising targeted to your interests and to better understand the usage and visitation patterns of our platform and Websites. You can learn more about this type of remarketing below.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you create an account using either of our Apps or Websites, you provide us with personal information, including your name, e-mail address, postal address, a password, the name of your business (if you are a Partner) and your phone number (if your device has one). We also collect demographic information such as your birth date, age, gender and lifestyle. If you give us permission to do so, we may also collect information about your social media presence, including your usernames.
Information we collect as you use our Services
Apps and Browsers
We collect information about your device when you download and install one of our Apps, and about your browser when you visit either of our Websites.
The information we collect includes:
- how you found our Website: including but not limited to whether you discovered us through a search engine, a partner website, an ad campaign, or email campaign.
- technical information: your IP address, device type, language and region settings, and other details about how you interact with our Apps and Website; and
- location information: if you have activated one of our Apps and permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data, we will collect this automatically. This may include country, province, city, or neighborhood information.
When Using Our Services
We collect personal information when you use our Services. This may include:
- areas of interest: including the types of Merchant offerings that interest you;
- referrals: information about friends who referred you, or who you have referred to Mango For Salon;
- correspondence: copies of correspondence, text, email and other communications you have with us or with Merchants via the Apps;
- participation: we will collect and retain the comments you make to the forums, bulletin boards, discussion groups, chat rooms, reviews, or other methods of communication that may be offered on or through our marketplace from time to time, including those you make on our social media pages;
- transaction details: information about how you interact with the Mango For Salon app, such as Partner offerings you view, purchase, redeem, and/or post, and the Partners you add to your favorites page; and
- financial account information: we collect minimal financial information as needed for our payment processing partners in order to provide payments functionality to our Partners (such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number).
If you are a Partner, we will collect the following details about you:
- bank details: in order to submit payments to you, we need to collect your bank account and sort code.
- business related information: your business name, a description of your business, titles, names, and bios of your staff members.
- availability and scheduling information: information about your business calendars and staff availability from your Mango For Salon account;
- social media information: information from your Facebook page, Twitter feed, LinkedIn profile, Yelp ratings and additional publicly available data; and
- customer information: where you upload your customer database to our servers, we will retain the personal information it contains subject to our Data Retention Policy in Section 8.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use personal information held about you in order to:
Providing, Improving, and Developing our Services
- Determining whether the Services are available in your country;
- Processing or recording payment transactions or money transfers;
- Displaying your historical transaction or appointment information;
- Providing, maintaining, and improving our Services;
- Developing new products and Services;
- Delivering the information and support you request, including invoices, and scheduling information;
- Improving, personalizing, and facilitating your use of our Services;
- Measuring, tracking, and analyzing trends and usage in connection with your use or the performance of our Services; and
- Otherwise providing you with the products and features you choose to use.
Communicating with You About our Services
- Sending you surveys and getting your feedback about our Services; and
- Sending you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us about our products and services.
Protecting our Services and Maintaining a Trusted Environment
- Conducting investigations, complying with and enforcing any applicable laws, regulations, legal requirements, and industry standards, and responding to lawful requests for information from the government or to valid legal process;
- Contacting you to resolve disputes and help you with our Services;
- Debugging to identify and fix errors that impair how our Services function;
- Enforcing our Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies;
- Investigating, detecting, preventing, recovering from, or reporting fraud, misrepresentations, security breaches or incidents, or other potentially prohibited, malicious, or illegal activities;
- Protecting our, our Sellers’, or your rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services;
- Verifying or maintaining the quality and safety of our Services; and
- Verifying your identity.
Advertising and Marketing
- Marketing of our Services; and
- Communicating with you about opportunities, products, services, contests, promotions, discounts, incentives, surveys, and rewards offered by us and select partners.
If we send you marketing emails, each email will contain instructions permitting you to “opt out” of receiving future marketing or other communications.
Your information will be treated in accordance with applicable data protection law.
Sharing your personal Information
- to affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by Mango For Salon.
- to service providers that are hired by us to provide administrative and communication services on our behalf, such as website hosting, the processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, or providing credit card processing services.
- to Partners where you have purchased services from a Partner through Mango For Salon, or participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through Mango For Salon on behalf of the Partner. We may also provide Partners with other personal information about you on your Mango For Salon account to send customized offers, to validate the purchases, to aid and troubleshoot redemption, to combat fraud, as part of legal proceedings affecting Mango For Salon and the Partner, to facilitate a direct relationship between Partners and customers, and to enable Partners to communicate electronically with customers who make purchases from the Partner;
- when you rate or review a Service which you have purchased, your rating, review, photo, your first name and last initial will be published on the Mango For Salon app and may appear on third party websites.
- to business partners and other advertisers as part of an offer, contest, distribution partnership, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with Mango For Salon and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate. For example, if you are referred to Mango For Salon from a business partner’s website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a Mango For Salon business partner, Mango For Salon may provide that business partner with contact information and transactional information;
- to third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal information in the same way as set out in this policy, and to our professional advisors.
If you are a Partner
We may share some or all of your personal information, including but not limited to booking information, staff member names, Partner offerings, ratings and reviews, prices and discounts, appointment availability, and related data (collectively “Partner Information“) with end users who have signed up or registered for Mango For Salon and with Mango For Salon business partners and affiliates with which Mango For Salon is working:
- we may feed Partner information to third party websites (excluding customer lists), which may result in Partner information appearing on a third-party website, mobile application or in search engine results; and such results may include a corresponding link to schedule an appointment through Mango For Salon;
- Mango For Salon may contact Partner employees through email to invite them to create a Mango For Salon account with a restricted login;
- we may use certain contact information to promote your goods and services through a variety of online and offline advertising and promotional media, including, but not limited to Google, Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, Twitter, e-mail distribution lists, and third-party business partners and affiliates; or
- if you have participated in any joint Partner offerings or promotions with other Partners, Mango For Salon may disclose your personal information to its Partners and/or advertisers, as part of such offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with Mango For Salon and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate.
We may use aggregated non-personally identifiable data to:
- assist us to better understand how our customers are using the Services,
- provide our customers with further information regarding the uses and benefits of the Services,
- enhance small business productivity, including by creating useful business insights from that aggregated data and allowing you to benchmark your business’s performance against that aggregated data, and
- otherwise to improve the Services.
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
– Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
– Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
We want you to remain in control of your personal information. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights, which are as follows:
- where your personal information is processed on the basis of consent, the right to withdraw that consent.
- the right to confirmation as to whether we are holding any of your personal information and, if we are, to obtain a copy of it.
- from 25 May 2018, the right to have certain information provided to you in a portable electronic format (where technically feasible).
- the right to have inaccurate personal information rectified.
- the right to object to your personal information being used for marketing or profiling, or on the basis of our or a third party’s legitimate interest.
- the right to restrict how your personal information is used; and
- the right to be forgotten, which allows you to have your personal information erased in certain circumstances (though this is not an absolute right and may not apply if we need to continue using it for a lawful reason).
Mango For Salon will store personal data as long as Partner accounts continue to use our software, and for a period of not more than 24 months thereafter. Users may elect to have their data removed from Mango For Salon either by contacting the Partner directly or by contacting users on Mangoforsalon.com. In the case that a Partner explicitly indicates their intention to cease to use our software and have their data deleted, personally identifiable information stored with their account shall be encrypted and/or removed. Other information related to activity on the Apps will be retained for reporting and analytical purposes.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support,